Search This Blog

Labels

Monday, October 21, 2013

Burying the Boston Terrorist

Don't Bury Tamerlan Tsarnaev? What? 
    
   The small minded attitude about what to do with the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev is really embarrassing. I’m seriously wondering what has happened to my beloved country, when fellow citizens want to punish a dead corpse.
   
    A desire by Americans to denigrate and even desecrate a dead body goes beyond human decency and is an insult to all civilized human beings. I have witnessed  death in war and have experienced hatred for those who killed my friends. 
    However, I never advocated not burying the dead, no matter how much I hated the enemy. To my knowledge, none of my fellow soldiers thought we shouldn’t bury the dead. I don’t remember anyone desecrating the dead. No one had to tell us to bury the dead. We weren't under orders to not denigrate the dead. As human beings, we just knew. It was common decency.
    Every day in this nation, in every corner of this country, horrible acts of murder and mayhem occur inflicting terrible anguish and sorrow upon the survivors. The perpetrators are caught, tried and executed for their terrible deeds. Never, does anyone talk about not burying the dead corpse. 
    Adam Lanza killed 26 people including 20 small children at Newtown but they buried his dead corpse. Is Tamerlan Tsarnaev  so much worse that perfect strangers want to deny putting his body in the ground? What’s the matter with my fellow citizens?
    Talk by my fellow Americans such as witnessed by the comments in many forums go beyond small minded attitudes and border on the bazaar. Trying to punish a dead corpse has no excuse. Punishing the innocent relatives of Tamerlan Tsarnaev is inexcusable. This development is very embarrassing. 
    This barbaric attitude practiced by so many Americans is not isolated to just a few people in our nation. The desire to punishing dead bodies is widespread within our society. When did we become such savages?

No comments: